Join the SIUE Music Lovers Tour of Cuba for an 8 day/7 night trip, May 14-21, 2016. This tour was custom designed as a deluxe trip featuring premier accommodations and dining, with private musical performances and dance recitals. Participants of this tour will have the unique opportunity to listen to Cuban music, while also being exposed to ethnic art, dance, and architecture.
• Explore the diverse cities of Havana, Trinidad, and Cienfuegos.
• Listen and learn about the variety of different music styles in these three cities.
• Numerous photographic opportunities; including vintage cars and colonial Spanish architecture.
• Attend private concert by Cuban popular jazz musician Jorge Luis Pacheco.
• Experience performance of the Irene Rodriguez Compañia Flamenco Dancers and participate in a private salsa dance lesson.
• Explore and enjoy many aspects of Cuban culture and cuisine.
Preferred pricing available for SIUE alumni, faculty, staff, students, and members of Friends of Art, Friends of Music, and Friends of Theater and Dance.
Note: Tour operator reserves the right to change accommodations and schedule as local conditions prescribes. We ask you to remain flexible as your hosts in Cuba do their best to ensure your comfort and that the goals of your visit are realized. Please keep in mind that you are traveling to an embargoed country that shares its scarce resources with its citizens as well as with its visitors. Any changes to the scheduled program that may be made is out of the control of SIUE and the University is not liable for these changes.
Note: This trip is restricted to those eighteen years of age and older.