Cathy McNeese Office of Educational Outreach Box 1084 Rendelman Hall 1330 SIUE Edwardsville, IL 62026-1084 618/650-3208 email@example.com
C. Otis Sweezey, Tour Coordinator Photographers' Tour of Cuba Box 1777 SIUE Edwardsville, IL 62026-1777 618/650-2360 firstname.lastname@example.org
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville is planning a Music Lovers Tour of Cuba, May 14-22, 2016. Check back with our web site for more information in the future. If you are interested and would like to be put on a emailing list, send an email to C. Otis Sweezey at email@example.com
Experience a once in a lifetime opportunity to explore Cuba, meet Cuban people, and enjoy their music. Join the SIUE Music Lovers Tour of Cuba for a 9 day/8 night trip, May 14-22, 2016.
• Listen to a variety of music venues, including the Buena Vista Social Club, the Tropicana, Jazz Club la Zorra y El Cuervo, and other night clubs.
• Experience the music and dance of the Cuban voodoo religion Santeria.
• Bus and walking tours of Old and Modern Havana, including the Castillo de la Real Fuerza, the oldest extant colonial fortress in the Americas.
• Explore the city of Santiago de Cuba and visit San Juan Hill, Revolution Plaza, Velazquez Balcony, and the Basílica del Cobre.
• Swim in the beautiful Caribbean waters in Trinidad, Cuba.
• Visit historical Cuban sites dating back to the Spanish conquest to the Cuban Revolution.
• Take great photographs of the largest island in the Caribbean.
• Have the opportunity to buy Cuban artwork and crafts.
• Travel with a small group, limited to 24 people, with tour guide and Spanish/English translator.
• Discounts on tour prices for SIUE alumni, faculty, staff, and students.
All travelers to Cuba from the United States must travel with authorization of the Office of Foreign Assets Control, U.S. Department of the Treasury known as a “license”. Licensed organizations provide educational trips to Cuba with direct contact with the Cuban people (“People to People”). All travelers on these programs, which are open to everyone, will participate in a full-time program of activities and direct contact with the Cuban people. x is the organizer of these programs. The role of x is to provide the services for our tour group in Cuba.
Note: Tour operator reserves the right to change accommodations and schedule as local conditions prescribes. We ask you to remain flexible as your hosts in Cuba do their best to ensure your comfort and that the goals of your visit are realized. Please keep in mind that you are traveling to an embargoed country that shares its scarce resources with its citizens as well as with its visitors. Any changes to the scheduled program that may be made is out of the control of SIUE and the University is not liable for these changes.