• The first tour to Cuba available to the greater St. Louis area.
• Meetings with professional Cuban photographers.
• A tour designed for amateur photographers, professional photographers, and anyone interested in photographing the sites of Cuba.
• Bus and walking tours of Old Havana, including the Castillo de la Real Fuerza, the oldest extant colonial fortress in the Americas.
• Explore the sites of modern Havana and the ancient Morro-Cabañas complex.
• Travel to Ernest Hemingway´s picturesque fishing town of Cojimar.
• Travel to the town of Regla and see the Church of the Black Virgin.
• Travel to the countryside of Pinar del Rio, with its unusual rounded limestone mountains strung along flat plains and farming villages.
• Visit to the towns of Guanabacoa, Casablanca, and to the Statue of Christ.
• Visit to the Fototeca, the Cuban Photo Archives.
• Meet Cuban people and learn their culture.
• Stay at the historical Hotel Plaza in Old Havana.
• Exploring the nightlife of Havana and listen to Cuban music.
• Meet with Cuban artists and city historians. Learn about Cuba's afro-sycnretic religions.
• Have the opportunity to buy Cuban artwork and crafts.
• Traveling with a small group, limited to 24 people, with tour guide and Spanish/English translator.
• Discounts on tour prices for SIUE alumni, faculty, staff, and students.
• Click on the links to the left to learn more about this trip.
Price of trip is from Miami, Florida. It is the individual traveler's responsibility to purchase and make flight arrangements to Miami in time for the scheduled flight to Havana, Cuba on March 9, 2014 at 1:00 pm.
A nonrefundable deposit of $500 is due by January 9, 2014 to reserve your spot on the trip. Final payment is due by February 7, 2014. Payment should be made to SIUE Office of Educational Outreach.
Note: This trip is restricted to those eighteen years of age and older.
For More Information Contact: