Cougar Business Resource Center Policies
The Cougar Business Resource Center (CBRC) is available to all SIUE- School of Business students, faculty, staff and alumni.
(Students with a minor or enrolled in a business course may also utilize the CBRC.)
The CBRC office staff will remind users of closing, thirty (30) and ten (10) minutes prior to closing.
Entry and Exit
- Students must enter and exit through the main entrance, 3126. (Other exits are to be used in emergency situations only.)
- Students must present and swipe a valid SIUE Cougar ID every time they enter the CBRC.
Use of space (prioritization of space):
- Student group meetings (presentations etc.)
- Faculty use (classroom breakout sessions etc.)
- Meeting space for Registered School of Business Student Organizations
- Other (i.e. faculty/staff meetings etc.)
Room Reservation Policies
- A valid Cougar ID must be presented.
- Room reservations can only be made one week in advance.
- A room request form must be filled out and submitted to the CBRC
- Reservations can only be made in the current semester
- Up to two (2) reservations per person per week.
- Rooms will be reserved based on the number of people and purpose of meeting
- If you are more than fifteen (15) minutes late the reservation is subject to cancellation
- Rooms may be reserved for up to two (2) hours only.
- Rooms can be booked up until 5:00 p.m. (Monday- Thursday) and Noon (Friday)
- Responsibility: By submitting your name for access to the CBRC, you are taking responsibility for what occurs during your time in the room.
- Eligibility for you or your organization to use the CBRC depends on you.
Computer Lab Use Policy
- You must be considerate of other lab users -- this is a study area.
- Comply with the Information Technology: Responsible Use Policy at SIU.
- Comply with the Illinois Computer Crime Prevention Law and the Computing Policies of the Board of Trustees of SIU.
- No food or beverages into the lab and no use of tobacco in any form.
- You are not allowed to install, copy, or reconfigure software.
- You may not download or save files to the workstation hard drive -- you must provide a portable storage device.
- You may not play games or use chat rooms unless assigned by your instructor.
- You may not display or print sexually explicit images.
- Failure to follow these rules may result in suspension of lab privileges or other disciplinary action.
Laptop Use Policy
- A valid Cougar ID must be presented and a laptop form filled out in order to checkout a laptop
- The laptop checkout form only has to be filled out ONCE PER SEMESTER
- A laptop may be borrowed for up to two (2) hours only. Students will be penalized if they fail to return laptop within two (2) hour time limit by not being allowed to check out laptops for two weeks.
- Laptops cannot be taken outside of the CBRC.
- Pending the availability of laptops, a student may borrow a laptop for an additional two (2) hours by rechecking out the laptop at the front desk.
- A laptop cannot be left unattended by the student who signed it out. If the student must exit the center the laptop must be returned to the CBRC staff at the front desk.
- Any damage to the laptop is the responsibility of the person requesting the laptop.
- Equipment or furniture may not be removed from the CBRC.
- Chairs are to remain in the assigned room.
- Other office equipment such as staplers, tape dispensers and scissors may not be removed from the CBRC; if they are removed the CBRC reserves the right to request payment for the cost of their replacement. Please see CBRC staff to obtain these items.
- The CBRC has wireless access.
- The staff workspaces and equipment are for the exclusive use of the CBRC staff.
Food and Beverage
- We ask that all food and drink be consumed in designated areas prior to entering the Cougar Resource Business Center.
Lost and Found
- Please see the front desk attendants to report and/or recover lost items in the CRBC
School of Business- Student Organization Space
- If you organization chooses to utilize a locker in the CRBC, please complete the “Space Allocation” Form and return it to the CBRC.
- “Space Allocation” policies:
- Retention of former space is not automatic. Current space holders must re-apply on a yearly/semester basis in order to retain the space.
- The Assistant Director responsible for student organizations may deny certain organizations from reapplying for space allocation.
- It is expected that spaces will be highly utilized in order to maintain office space from year to year.
- The committee reserves the right to make considerations outside the guidelines under adverse circumstances.
- Applications will be reviewed based on need, probability of usage, and contributions to the University. Although an organization may meet all the criteria for selection, space may still not be allocated because of limitation.
- Computer policies and procedures will apply and can be found under “Computer Use Policy” or http://www.siue.edu/its/labsclassrooms/labrules.shtml (Printing polices do NOT apply)
- Should you request a locker for your organizations use, please be advised, these lockers DO NOT lock.
Students must continue to adhere to the policies and procedures established by SIUE