Skip to main content

Why can't I opt out of salary deferral or stop during the year?

Per IRC §409A (Internal Revenue code Section 409A), your election for that academic year is irrevocable after the beginning of the contract. If you would like to revoke your salary deferral authorization, you must prepare a Salary Deferral Revocation Form (found on the HR forms page) and submit it to Payroll before the first payroll of your next academic year contract.