Skip to main content

What if the department forgot to send a Termination form by payroll cutoff and an employee on the Payroll Certification is going to be overpaid?

When a Certification contains an overpayment situation, please contact Payroll immediately. The overpaid employee will be removed from the Payroll to stop the overpayment, if the notice is received timely. If the employee has a partial pay amount due, Payroll will request a paper check and will notify Accounts Payable to hold the check before it is mailed to the employee. Overpayments must be corrected to comply with each individual's employment contract and term.