Skip to main content

I would like to overpay my taxes so I get a larger refund. Can I claim fewer exemptions on my W-4 than are shown when I use the Personal Allowance Worksheet (contained in the IRS Instructions)?

Yes. You may claim fewer allowances than you are entitled to claim.