Skip to main content

How can I change my legal name and/or Social Security number?

Changes to your legal name and/or Social Security number require documentation and identification verification by University staff and cannot be completed through CougarNet. Employees need to visit HR and present their Social Security card bearing the new name and/or number. They will be asked to complete new withholding forms, and their Employment Eligibility Form I-9 will be updated.