Skip to main content

Can a manual check be requested to pay an employee?

Manual checks should only be used for those individuals who did not receive any pay for the current payroll. Any additional compensation (such as overload, back pay, etc) will be paid on the next regularly scheduled payroll. If a manual check must be requested, the request must be initiated by the department and approved up to the appropriate Vice Chancellor or designated appointee. Manual checks cannot be processed the last two working days of the month due to University accounting processes.