Who Can Rent Boxes?
- SIUE employees - employees are defined as individuals who have entered into a contract with the University that includes withholding for taxes, FICA, Social Security or benefits.
- SIUE students - currently enrolled with a valid SIUE student identification card
- Emeritus/Retirees - all former SIUE employees included on the retiree list prepared by Human Resources
- Employees/students must present:
- A valid SIUE identification card
- A valid Driver's License
- A completed SIUE Mail Box Application form
Restrictions on Use
- Only the authorized box holder will be allowed to receive mail at this mailbox. Individuals are not permitted to "share" a box.
- Permissible Matter - Only matter that passes through the mail, official USPS notices or official SIUE mail may be placed in the mailbox.
- Mail Accumulation - Box customers must remove mail promptly from their boxes. If mail is to accumulate for more than 30 days and an overflow condition is probable, the customer must make arrangements in advance with the SIUE Mailing Services.
- Unlawful Activity - No mail box may be used for, or in connection with, a scheme or enterprise that does any of the following:
- Violates any federal, state or local laws;
- Breaches an agreement with a federal, state or local agency whereby the customer has agreed to discontinue a specified activity; or
- Violates or attempts to evade an order of a court or administrative body.
- Fees are collected annually or by semester. A notice will be placed in the box 30 days before the fee is due.
- Box fees are $15 per semester or $35 per year.
- Past-Due Box Fee - If a box customer fails to pay the fee by the due date or submits a change-of-address order, the lock will be plugged. Mail will continue to be distributed to the box up to 10 days. If after that time, the customer has not paid the fee or given other instructions, the mail will be removed from the box and be treated as undeliverable mail. (The mail will be returned to sender.)
- Refund of Box Fee - No refund is made for any mailbox.
- Key fee is $5.00 per key.
- Refund of Key Fee - After terminating box service, the SIUE Mailing Services refunds to the box customer the key deposit.
Mail Box Location
- Mailboxes are located at the SIUE Mailing Services, Rendleman Hall, lower level, adjacent to Room 0232.
- SIUE Mailing Services may refuse to provide box service under any of the following circumstances:
- The applicant submits a falsified application for box service;
- The applicant physically abuses the box or violates any applicable regulation or;
- There is substantial reason to believe that the box is being used for purposes that are deemed unlawful.
- Cash or checks (with a valid SIUE identification card) are acceptable
Your Mailing Address would be:
#70 HAIRPIN DR
SIUE #_ _ _
EDWARDSVILLE, IL 62026-_ _ _ _
Back To Top