Websafe VPN gives you the ability to access the University's systems from off-campus.
Instructions on how to obtain your Computer Name and IP address information for Windows and Mac OS.
Instructions for Exception Site List in Java version 7 Update 51 or newer.
For more information about setting up your account to the University's systems contact the ITS help desk (x5500).
Supported Platforms and Web Browsers:
|Windows 8.1, 32 bit or 64 bit platforms
Windows 8, 32 bit or 64 bit platforms
Windows 8 Enterprise, 32 bit or 64 bit
Windows 7 on 32 bit or 64 bit platforms
Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise, 32 bit or 64 bit
Windows Vista, 32 bit or 64 bit platforms
Windows XP with SP3, 32 bit
|Internet Explorer 11
Internet Explorer 10
Internet Explorer 9.0
Internet Explorer 8.0
Internet Explorer 7.0
Firefox 3.0 and above including FF10-ESR
Oracle JRE 6 and above
Mac OS X 10.9, 64 bit
JRE 6 and above
Once you have your account set up you may proceed as follows
- Go to: https://websafe.siue.edu
- Login using your e-id and password
- It may take a few moments to load the page, during which you may be prompted to install a few plug-ins
- Now you will have access to your bookmarks page
- Click the 'Start' button next to 'Network Connect' near the bottom of the page
- Once "Network Connect' is installed and running, you can begin working
- Click the 'Sign Out' button at the top right when you want to disconnect
If you experience problems running or installing Network Connect from the websafe site you may download it below.
You must be running a current version of anti-virus software, otherwise you will be limited in your connection.
My Workstation (Windows Remote Desktop)
This link will give you access to your Windows desktop on campus
Click the logo of your system to download the relevant version of the Network Connect.