Update Internet Explorer (IE) Using Windows Update To Apply Vulnerability Fix
FOR WINDOWS USERS ONLY. Mac users are not effected.
This security update resolves a publicly disclosed vulnerability in Internet Explorer. The vulnerability could allow remote code execution if a user views a specially crafted webpage using an affected version of Internet Explorer. An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could gain the same user rights as the current user.
This security update is rated Critical for Internet Explorer users.
You will need to run Windows Update to install and apply the fix to Internet Explorer.
To run Windows Update on your computer:
Using Internet Explorer:
- Make sure you are viewing this page using Internet Explorer.
- Click the Following Link
- If IE is already up to date with the security fix, you will see this window:
- If Windows Update determines that your computer may not be up to date, you will see this window:
- Click the "Check for Updates" button.
- If Windows Update finds an update to install, you will see the following window:
- Click "Install Updates" to install the update(s).
Using Firefox, Chrome or any other browser:
- Click the following link and follow the instructions and refer to the screenshots above.