Continuing Education Units - 1O1
Continuing Education Units may be awarded for work performed in workshops, courses, seminars, institutes, conferences, and other continuing education activities.
- Continuing Education Units are defined and administered in accordance with the recommendations of the Council on the Continuing Education Unit as reflected in the publication The Continuing Education Unit, Criteria and Guidelines.
- All applications to award Continuing Education Units are submitted to the delegate of the Executive Director of the Office of Educational Outreach.
- Applications to award Continuing Education Units that originate within the institution are approved by the Executive Director of the Office of Educational Outreach or his/her delegate, who is responsible for ensuring that applications are complete and that provisions of the aforementioned publication are met. The Director will clarify questions about program content and instruction through discussion with the chair and faculty colleagues in the sponsor's unit. Applications to award CEU's that originate outside the institution are reviewed and approved in a similar manner, with the advice of the dean of the appropriate school or college and the chairperson of the appropriate department (or their delegates).
- The Office of Educational Outreach shall maintain all permanent CEU records.
- The Director of the Office of Educational Outreach shall report once each academic term to the Curriculum Council of the Faculty Senate regarding CEU requests received that term and their disposition.
Approved by Chancellor effective 8/2/95
This policy was issued on August 28, 2008, replacing the February 1, 1996 version.
Document Reference: 1O1
Origin: CC 17-77/78; CC 6-91/92; OP 8/2/95