Link to: Home
Administration/Friends of Lovejoy Library
- Administrative offices, including the Friends of Lovejoy Library, are open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The entrance to Administration is located by the Library Research terminals.
- Books with the call numbers L - P are located on the first floor. The subject designations for the specific call numbers are:
- L - Education
- M - Music
- N - Art
- P - Language and Literature
- Location for: checking-out and returning books; paying fines; picking-up interlibrary loan requests; and retrieving current newspapers and selected journals.
- A valid SIUE ID is required to check out materials. Loan periods vary depending upon the type of material.
- More about Circulation borrowing policies.
- Change is also given at this location.
- Course Reserve material is housed in the Circulation area (except for Music Reserve material, which is located in the Music Listening Room).
- SIUE faculty may request that books or journal articles be placed on reserve. For additional information, contact the Reserves Supervisor, Charles Dugan.
- More about physical and electronic Reserves.
- Wireless laptops are also available for building use only on a 2 hour basis. More information on wireless laptops.
- Students can add money to or check the account balance of their Cougar Cards at the CSVT (Card System Value Terminal) Machine.
- Money can be added to cards in $1, $5, $10, or $20 denominations.
- Cougar Cards are used in printers and photocopiers throughout campus. (A coin-operated printer is available on the first floor; all photocopiers will accept change.)
- Additional CSVT Machines are located in the all Residence Halls and the Cougar Village Commons Building. Deposits to Cougar Cards can also be made at the Service Center.
Internet Research Terminals
- This desk is staffed all hours the Library is open. Staff are available to assist users with electronic or print resources and catalogs. A subject librarian is available to provide reference assistance weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and all hours on the weekend.
- Directional and reference questions are answered at this location. A digital reference service is also available.
- Location to submit interlibrary loan requests (for books and journals) and place holds, recalls, or searches on Library materials.
- Various maps, FAQ sheets, and other handouts describing collections and services can be retrieved at the Information Desk.
- Terminals reserved for checking e-mail and general web-surfing.
Library Instruction Classroom
- The librarians whose offices are located on the first floor are:
- Therese Dickman, Fine Arts Librarian (contact)
- Julia Hansen, Humanities Librarian (contact)
- Lydia Jackson, Instruction Librarian (contact)
- Charlotte Johnson, Director of User Services (contact)
Library Research Terminals
- Physical location for instruction on Library materials and services.
- SIUE faculty may request several kinds of instruction sessions for their classes.
- Contact a subject librarian or the Instruction Office regarding specific instruction.
Music Listening Room (MLR)
- Reserved for patrons using the Library's electronic research tools.
- Access library catalogs, electronic indexes, and other online resources.
- Lovejoy Library has subscriptions to over 100 databases including many that offer full text.
- SIUE faculty, staff, and students have priority use on these terminals.
- The MLR contains a large collection of music books, scores, sound recordings, and course reserves.
- The MLR is the service point for music special collections and the National Jazz Archives.
- Listening stations are available for a variety of media (CD, LP, and cassettes).
- The MLR is open (Fall and Spring semesters):
- Monday through Thursday - 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Friday - 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday - 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday - 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- More about the Music Listening Room.
- Reference materials are available in a wide variety of mediums for all disciplines.
- Collection also contains both general and subject-specific print indexes and abstracts.
- Reference books do not circulate.
- Lovejoy Library also offers several electronic reference sources.
- The location is conducive to individual or group study.