Starfish is an early alert, retention and advising system that replaces GradesFirst. Instructors and advisors can use many of the tools within Starfish to keep track of students who might be at risk of not succeeding, academically. They also might use Starfish to send kudos to students whom they feel are excelling. Starfish is also used to schedule appointments with students, keep a digital history of all meetings and notes from those meetings, track attendance and more.
- Sign into Starfish with your e-ID and password at:
or login to Blackboard and click the Starfish tab.
- Allow students to schedule appointments with you
- View a student's file including registered courses, grades, previous appointment notes, etc.
- Complete progress surveys requested by other departments
- Track student attendance for your courses and sections
- Contact students via email from within the application
- Give students kudos for a job well done
- Flag at-risk students for behavioral or attendance related issues
Support, Tutorials, and Training
- End User Guide to Starfish
- Academic/Major Advisors Training PowerPoint
- Appointment Preferences Changes
- Search the ITS KnowledgeBase for answers to frequently asked questions.
If you'd like to schedule one-on-one Starfish training after following along with the guides and videos above, please fill out this form.
Contact the ITS Trainer for any other requests related to training.