Stress Management — In the Workplace
While at work, there are many ways to reduce your stress. Here are a few:
- Go for a walk.
- Stretch your muscles.
- Imagine a peaceful scene that relaxes you. Go to your own “happy place.”
- Use guided meditation exercises to relax.
- Take an occasional break or leave the office for lunch.
- Find time for fresh air outdoors.
- Organize you workspace. Working in a cluttered environment may cause stress and anxiety when you are unable to find important documents.
- Take deep, slow breaths when faced with a stressor.
- On the drive to work, listen to music, humor – anything that isn't work related.
- Take an alternate route to work. The change in scenery will help you stay alert to the road and keep your mind off the job.