Stress Management — Learn to Relax
Start a stress journal and identify your stressors and how you deal with them. Notice patterns and common themes in your stress. This can help you determine what is important and what stressors can be avoided.
- Take a long bath.
- Listen to music. Songs you prefer or those that remind you of an enjoyable time can brighten your mood.
- Watch a comedy. Laughter is a good medicine for stress. Keeping a file of jokes to lighten your mood when needed can be a great help.
- Get a massage. Even self-massaging your hands and shoulders can be relaxing.
- Play with a pet.
- Perform meditation techniques to relieve stress and promote well-being.
- Join a Yoga class at the Wellness Center (Student Fitness Center) to reduce stress and tension, and to gain an overall sense of peace.
- Spend time in nature.