Plagiarized materials may include:
- Purchased term papers;
- Information that is cut and pasted from an article, book, or website without proper citations;
- Using someone else's words or ideas as one's own without including proper citations; or
- Paraphrasing someone else's words without including proper citations.
Proper citations include:
- For word-for-word -- quotation marks around the borrowed language and author’s last name with year of publication and page number in parenthesis at the end of a sentence. If language is from a web-page then put URL;
- For the borrowing of ideas, concepts or statistics -- authors last name with year of publication and page number within the sentence in parenthesis. If information is from a web-page then put URL.