Southern Illinois University Edwardsville Logo
Apply to SIUE
Student Employment

Student Employment
Institutional Header

Entering Student Job Finder

Enter Student Job Finder by using the following information:

User Name: Your Univ. ID (800#)

Password: Your birthdate (MMDDYY)

*Your password can be changed once you complete your Profile.

If you have trouble entering Student Job Finder, check to see that you meet the eligibility requirements.

Meeting Eligibility Requirements

To be eligible to use Student Job Finder, you must:

  • Be enrolled for the required number of hours.
    • For on-campus employment, students must be enrolled in at least half time. International Students must be enrolled full time. Please review our policies for more information.
    • To search for off-campus positions, students must be enrolled in at least 1 credit hour.
  • Be degree seeking.
    • Visiting students must submit documentation of degree seeking status at another institution to Student Employment.
  • Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
  • Not be in default on repayment of a student loan
  • Not have an Accounts Receivable Hold on their student account
  • Be registered for Selective Service, if applicable.

To use Student Job Finder to search for Federal Work Study jobs, you must also:

· Have an accepted Federal Work Study award in your Financial Aid package.

· Be in good standing with certain Financial Aid requirements.

· Be current with certain Financial Aid documents.

Please review our Polices and Procedures for more detailed information on eligibility and requirements for working on campus.

If you meet these requirements but are still unable to access Student Job Finder, please contact our office.

Using Student Job Finder for the First Time

Select My File and complete all sections of your Profile.

Change your password in the Personal Information section if you wish.

To add or edit information in your Profile, select Edit for the section you wish to update. Add or edit information, then select Save to return to your Profile.

Note that changing your address in Student Job Finder will not result in a change to your address anywhere else. Submit new tax cards to student employment to change your W2 address, and visit the Service Center of Admissions and Records to change your address in the University's Student Information System.

You may enter information about your special skills and abilities in the Skills Section. If you wish to enter more than one skill in a particular category, hold down the CTRL key and click the skill area with your mouse. Use the arrow to move your skills to the Selected side.

In the Additional Information section, select 'Yes" when asked if you wish to allow potential employers visiting this site to view your information. This will allow employers who use Student Job Finder on-line to recruit you as an employee regardless of whether you apply for their job or not. See the instructions for Applying for Jobs for more details.

Return to the Home or Logout.

Searching for Jobs

Select Search at the top of your screen to view currently active jobs in Student Job Finder.

Student Job Finder's search engine is very particular, so please only use the Location filter to either select On-Campus or Off-Campus positions. You may sort the results alphabetically, by their hourly wage, or by post date with the most recent posts at the beginning of your results.

If you have accepted a Federal Work Study (FWS) award, it can be applied to any on-campus position. Most jobs will be labeled as Non-Work Study, which means they are also open to students who did not receive a FWS award. To view jobs that are specifically designated as Work Study Only, select that option in the Job Category field. Otherwise, please leave that field blank. 

Select Search.

The available jobs will be visible on the next screen. To view information about a particular job, click the job title to view its description and application instructions.

Applying for Jobs

Follow the Application Instructions provided by the employer near the bottom of the job description. These instructions vary dependent on each individual employer, so take care to follow the instructions correctly and include all requested materials.

If the employer instructs to use the Inquire Now function, select the Inquire Now link at the bottom of the job description. The next screen will allow you to add a comment to the employer. When using this function, ensure your My File is updated as the information will be sent directly to the employer. When you have ensured your My File is updated and have included any desired comment, click Send Inquiry.

Select View Contact Information to retrieve a Job Referral Form. Job Referral Forms are often requested either as part of the application instructions or to be presented to the employer at an interview. This form proves your eligibility to work on campus.

Receiving Responses from Employers

If you have submitted inquiries utilizing the Inquire Now function, updates will appear on your home screen when you first log into Student Job Finder. You may also select the My Inquiries link near the top of your screen to view all submitted inquiries. Click on the job title to view any comments from the employer. You may send additional comments in response.

If you applied for a position and did not use the Inquire Now function, the employer will contact you if you are selected for an interview. Please do not call the Student Employment Office regarding your application status for other departments, as we are not involved in any hiring decisions outside of our own office. Our office does recommend following up with the department you applied for about two weeks after submitting your application to check its status.

Getting Hired

Once you and an employer have agreed to establish a working relationship, go to your Profile and select "No" where it asks if you wish to allow potential employers to view your information if you are no longer actively looking for employment. You may leave "Yes" if you still want to be considered for other positions.

On Campus Employment

If you are employed on campus, your department will provide forms for you to complete. These forms are :

  • An I-9 Form - You will complete the first page. Your employer will complete the second page. In order for your employer to complete the second page of the I-9, you will need to provide original or certified copies of the documents listed on page 3. Pictures of the verifying documents are not acceptable. 
  • Federal and State W-4 forms
  • A Student Employee Compliance Agreement Form (SECA). All sections must be signed.
  • An Ethics Compliance Form
  • A Sexual Harassment Training Form
  • An Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status Form

These forms, along with a Payroll Authorization Form completed by your employer, must be submitted to our office. You are not to begin working until your department has been informed that your paperwork has been processed and you have been cleared to work. Once they have been notified by our office that you are cleared to work, they will add you to their timesheet.

In compliance with SIUE policy, you are required to participate in direct deposit. Once your hiring documents have been processed, you may enroll in direct deposit through CougarNet. Please follow these instructions to set up your direct deposit. Please note this is a separate system than direct deposit for any refunds from the school. Until you have successfully set up your direct deposit, you will receive paper checks. Paper checks can be picked up in the Bursar's office on pay day. Checks will be held for one week before being sent to you through the mail.

Student employees are paid on a Bi-weekly schedule, receiving checks every other Thursday. Please review the Student Payroll Schedule, which is linked on the Student Employment home page under the Things to Know section.

You must also read and sign an Agreement of Principles with your employer as described in section 21 of the Student Employment Policies. This outlines your expected duties, your employer's policies, and any processes for disciplinary actions.

All Foreign National and Nonresident Aliens must meet with the Payroll NRA Compliance Manager to complete paperwork prior to beginning work. The Compliance Manager will assist with the appropriate forms and processes to comply with federal and state payroll tax withholding requirements. Please refer to: for more information.

Off Campus Employment (Job Locator and Development Program)

If you are hired to an off campus position which was advertised on Student Job Finder, the employer will inform you of any forms or documentation required for you to begin working there.  The employer will notify our office via a Certification Form regarding your status as an SIUE student.

Alternatively, you may print the Job Referral Form from Student Job Finder and have the employer sign it and submit it to the address at the top of the form.

Enjoy your new Job! 

facebookoff twitteroff vineoff linkedinoff flickeroff instagramoff socialoff