Southern Illinois University Edwardsville Logo
Apply to SIUE
Office of the Registrar

Office of the Registrar
Institutional Header

Advisement (Mandatory)

You must meet with your academic adviser before you register for courses at SIUE. At that meeting, you will either be enrolled in courses or receive a Course Request Form showing courses approved for registration.

Undergraduate Students

If you are an admitted new freshman, you will be sent registration information to attend Springboard to Success. Additional information is available on our Springboard website or via email

Undeclared transfer students are required to schedule an hour advising appointment with an academic adviser in the Office of Academic Counseling and Advising, You will receive specific information about your advising appointment that is appropriate to your first term at SIUE.

If you have not applied for a major, contact Academic Counseling and Advising to make an appointment or contact the office at 618-650-3701, Peck Hall 1315.

If you have been declared in your major program, contact your major department to schedule an advising appointment.

If you wish to enroll in 400- or 500-level courses for later application to a graduate degree at SIUE, you must have the prior approval of the course instructor, the Graduate Program Director, and the Graduate Dean. You must also have submitted an application for admission to classified (degree-seeking) status in the Graduate School before permission can be granted.

Undergraduates who seek permission to enroll in graduate-level courses for graduate credit must be within 16 hours (and not more than one semester) of completing an undergraduate degree. The Graduate Student Request Form (available in the Service Center) is used for this purpose. See the Graduate Catalog for detailed information.

NOTE: Courses numbered 500 or above cannot be applied to an undergraduate degree.

Campus Tours are available Monday-Friday at 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Saturday tours are available at 10:00 a.m. The Office of Admission Counseling is located at Rendleman Hall, Room 2120.

Graduate Students

If you have been admitted to a graduate degree program, or if you are in classification pending status, contact your major department.

If your status is unclassified non-degree seeking, contact the major department(s) in which the course you wish to take is offered.

facebookoff twitteroff vineoff linkedinoff flickeroff instagramoff googleplusoff socialoff