Southern Illinois University Edwardsville Logo
Apply to SIUE
Office of the Registrar

Office of the Registrar
Institutional Header

Help questions for students

  • If I have questions about my degree audit?
    • Contact your advisors
  • If I have a question about my transfer work?
    • Contact your advisor
  • If I have questions about my academic record?
    • Contact your advisor
  • How do I run a degree audit?
    • Please see Access and Run the Degree Evaluation for students
  • What if I have a catalog term prior to Fall 2005?
    • If you have a catalog term prior to Fall 2005 you can only perform a "what if" analysis
    • For questions, contact your advisor
  • Does Expected Graduation Term imply when I should graduate?
    • No, the Expected Graduation Term is a system-generated calculation used in the transmission of enrollment information to the National Student Clearinghouse. The term listed here has no bearing on your actual path to graduation, nor is it taken into consideration when you run a Degree Evaluation (CAPP) Compliance.
  • I've completed all of the required areas on CAPP, does that mean I can graduate?
    • Not necessarily, CAPP is an advising tool and should not be used to validate graduation requirements. Consult your advisor about your graduation eligibility.
  • What do the abbreviations under Source mean?

E - from the student's Test Score
H - from the student's Institutional Course Academic History
P - from the student's Planned Course
R - from the student's In-Progress Course in Registration
T - from the student's Transfer Course Academic History
Z - from the student's Student Attributes

  • Can CAPP use courses students are currently registered for?
    • Yes, CAPP has the ability to use in progress courses or not use them. When using "In-Progress Courses," CAPP will assume the student will pass the course with a passing grade. These courses will be identified by no grade in the Grade column and a "Source Code" of "R." Once you receive a grade, a new compliance must be generated in order to reflect the new grade.
  • Can CAPP accommodate dual degrees, majors or concentrations?
    • CAPP cannot accommodate dual degrees, majors or concentrations at this time. It is recommended, at this time, to run a what-if analysis for each degree, major or concentration individually.
  • What do the grades in parentheses () mean?
    • Transfer grades appear in parentheses ()
    • Grades of "TR" indicate that the external grade was not entered
    • Source code on compliance = T granted for earned hours only
    • Does not calculate into SIUE GPA
    • Transfer credit course is given direct SIUE equivalent subject and course number, if available.
    • Transfer credit course is given SIUE equivalent subject (i.e. PHYS, MATH) if no direct equivalent is available.
    • Transfer credit course is given TRF (Transfer) subject when no direct equivalent SIUE subject code is available.
    • Course numbers if no direct equivalent is available will be assigned as follows:
      • Undergraduate Levels
        • 1XX (100-level)
        • 2XX (200-level)
        • 3XX (300-level)
        • 4XX (400-level)
      • Graduate Level
        • 5XX (any approved graduate-level class)
  • What do the grades with an asterisk (*) mean?
    • SIUE grades with an asterisk (*) are courses not applied toward the current program. These will only appear on courses from 1984 - Summer 2007 (pre-Banner). The grades with an asterisk represent:
      • Undergraduate courses not available for graduation purposes (i.e. AD 065)
      • Graduate courses not available for graduate graduation purposes:
        • Graduate unclassified credit not transferred to the degree program
        • Graduate courses with an asterisk when a second graduate degree GPA was calculated (1984-1992 time frame)
        • Undergraduate 400-level courses completed as a graduate student (1984 - Summer 2007).

Note: all undergraduate courses completed as a graduate student from 1984-Summer 2007 will appear on the transcript with an asterisk next to the grade. However, only 400-level courses will appear in the CAPP compliance because CAPP cannot determine if the 400-level class was a graduate-level class completed as an unclassified graduate or an undergraduate-level class completed as a graduate

  • Will CAPP know the difference between a graduate level course and undergraduate level course?
    • Yes, only undergraduate-level credit is used in undergraduate program's compliance. Undergraduate language courses (i.e. FR 101, 102, 201, 202) are reviewed to satisfy the foreign language requirement in the graduate Biology, English, and History programs. Outside of this exception, only graduate-level credit is used in graduate program's compliance.
facebookoff twitteroff vineoff linkedinoff flickeroff instagramoff socialoff