Skip to main content

I have been employed at various State of Illinois universities, but I do not have seven years of employment history at any one university. Do I still qualify for the dependent waiver?

You will need to contact the Human Resources office within the university you are currently employed.  Your HR office will contact your previous employers to determine if you have met the required employment minimum.  Employees must have been working in positions 50% or greater for 7 years or more, within the State Universities Civil Service System, which includes: Eastern Illinois, Western Illinois, Northern Illinois, Northeastern Illinois, Illinois State, Chicago State, Governors State, Southern Illinois - Carbondale and Edwardsville, and University of Illinois - Urbana/Champaign, Chicago and Springfield.