This website is now published on my
mobileme account. Any opinions expressed, however, are totally my
The original website was published
through the courtesy of Southern Illinois University Edwardsville.
Jim Andris, Sept. 17, 2003.
Merry Christmas 2007
Bah, humbug. There, I said it.
- For a review of our year in pictures, see this Mac Web Gallery.
- Retirement is easier than working for a living.
- We have entertainment galore, bridge, play reading,
theatre, symphony, opera, summer concerts, yaddah, yah, yah.
- I became disillusioned with blogging, since nobody read my blog.
Now I'm looking into podcasting. I'm starting a genealogy
podcast called The
- Earlier in the year, I experimented with off-line and online simulation
games (Sims 2 and Second
- Read some neat new books (science fiction) including Snow
Crash by Neal Stephenson and Necromancer by
William Gibson on the future of life with the internet.
- I'm doing tai chi again, along with walking, stretching exercise,
- Mom is 94. I helped her celebrate. (See web gallery
- I'm getting off the Vestry and the Friends
of Scott Joplin Board.
- Adam and Jessica have a son, Ayden, and a daughter, Analiese, now.
- We spent a
week near Cosumel with Stephanie, Dawn, Alexander
and Dawn's inlaws. It was hot, but fun. Alexander is adorable.
We also spent Thanksgiving with them in Boston.
- I completed a year
of studying French in May, and began studying Spanish in September.
- Stephen had a knee replacement August 6, and will
have the other one replaced on January 16. He is doing well.
- Stephen is still enjoying performing in the River City Pops and
in the Trinity Choir.
I also accompanied him on piano in his two recitals this year.
- I have formed a musical duo with a female pop/jazz singer named Heidi.
- Still playing ragtime with the Rascals at Dressel's Cafe.
Come and visit, we have plenty of room and there is lots to do in Saint
Louis. But call first.
Jim and Stephen, December, 2007.