WHAT IS PEER CONSULTING?
- an exploration of teaching done in a collaborative and collegial manner
- a method of obtaining feedback and using it in a positive and useful manner
- an opportunity for faculty to gather information from an independent, nonjudgmental source
- a chance to meet colleagues who, like you, value good teaching
- a confidential and voluntary support service
WHO ARE THE PEER CONSULTANTS?
- experienced teachers who are supportive, nonjudgmental colleagues
- work under the umbrella of ELTI
- engage in a multi-part process of assessment of teaching for the development of the individual teacher.
- may engage in multiple methods of information gathering such as reviewing teaching materials, classroom observations, analysis of student evaluations and student focus groups or
GIFTs' (Group Instructional Feedback Technique).
- methods are determined by the client.
- may write a confidential summary memo at the end of the consultation addressed to the client only
Meet our Peer Consultants
Adapted from the Center for Excellence in Teaching, University of Maine.