[IMAGE: Staff Senate]
|The University Staff Senate represents Civil Service and Professional Staff of Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. Employees who are represented by labor organizations as well as employees who are not represented can participate on the University Staff Senate, its panels or committees. The University Staff Senate manages two scholarship funds: The University Staff Senate Scholarship and the Faculty for Collective Bargaining Scholarship Fund. Civil Service and Professional Staff employees participate in the governance of the University via the senate and its panels. All senate and panel members are elected officers. Consider service to your constituency group and the University by participating on the University Staff Senate or its respective panels. Contact the University Staff Senate at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
ATTENTION: ALL LABOR UNION MEMBERS
The University Staff Senate has made available a scholarship from the Faculty for Collective Bargaining monies. The University Staff Senate handles the funds for the Faculty for Collective Bargaining Scholarship, which was established to provide scholarship awards to qualifying SIUE students. To be eligible for consideration for a scholarship award, you must meet the following criteria:
1. You must be an employee (the labor union member) or the son, daughter, grandchild, spouse, or civil union partner of a labor union member presently employed or retired Civil Service (excluding non-status), Professional Staff employee or Non-tenure track faculty member of SIUe.
2. You must meet admissions requirements for undergraduate study at SIUe and be admitted for full-time undergraduate study.
3. Applicants with fewer than twelve semester hours earned in college: You must have an ACT composite of 19 or above (unless exempt because of SIUE'S admission standards); You must have at least a high school GPA of 2.5 on a scale of 4.0=A. Applications can be accessed at http://www.siue.edu/ugov/staff/
4. Applicants with twelve or more semester hours earned in college: You must have completed at least one term as a full-time college student; You must have at least a college GPA of 2.5 on a scale of 4.0=A. Applications can be accessed at http://www.siue.edu/ugov/staff/
The scholarship award will be applied to your university account for the Spring Semester. This award will be reported to the Office of Student Financial Aid to be considered in evaluating your overall financial aid package. Should this amount combined with other awards or payments cause a credit balance on your account, a refund check will be mailed to you from the Bursar’s Office
Your application will be evaluated on the following criteria: a typed essay written by you, overall GPA or its equivalent, co-curricular activities (e.g. clubs, sports, volunteerism, family responsibilities, etc.), honors and/or awards, work history, and current letter of recommendation addressed to USSS Committee (within one year of application).
Applicants are required to submit: (1) a completed application including the FCB UNION VERIFICATION FORM, (2) appropriate scores and/or transcript AND one typed letter of recommendation (dated within one year of application). Incomplete and/or untyped applications will not be considered. Please return your completed application to the University Governance Office, Box 1252, Rendleman Building, Room 0103, by 4:30 PM, Wednesday, NOVEMBER, 12, 2014. You will be notified of the decision of the Scholarship Selection Committee. If you have any questions about the application process, please contact the University Governance Secretary at 650-2770.
Best wishes for your continued academic progress.
Congratulations! Two students have each been awarded a $1000 Fall Scholarship. Nicholas Caban, son of Jan (Facilities) and Susan (Registrar) Caban, AND Jack Desse, grandson of retiree Gary Smith (School of Dental Medicine) have been selected for a Staff Senate Scholarship this fall. An award presentation will take place at the October 2 Staff Senate meeting in the Willow Room, Morris University Center. Thanks goes to the Scholarship Selection Committee for their service to this worthy task.
See profile page for contact information
A. Election Results Announced
1. Civil Service Negotiated & Prevailing (elected)
i. Kirt Ormesher - Senator
ii. Todd Bartholomew – Senator
B. Elected by Acclamation
1. East St. Louis –Senator (any constituency)
i. Shrylene Clark Langston - Senator (Admin/Prof Staff –non-rep)
2. Civil Service Negotiated & Prevailing
i. Clyde A. Trucks II - Panel
ii. Barbara Randle - Panel
3. Civil Service Open Range
i. Brian Lotz - Panel
C. Officers and Panel Chairs
1. President Elect: Cynthia Cobetto
2. Secretary: William Dusenbery
3. Negotiated & Prevailing Panel Chair: Todd Bartholomew
4. Open Range Panel Chair: Mike Hamil
5. Admin/Prof Panel Chair: Gretchen Fricke
The Staff Senate awarded a $500.00 Summer 2014 Staff Senate Scholarship to Gabrielle Geiger, daughter of Paula Geiger (Bursar) in the Chancellor's Office, Friday, May 2, 2014. Congratulations, Gabrielle!!
The Staff Senate would like to thank all the applicants and encourage all eligible applicants to apply again in the future. Look for the 2014 Fall Scholarship announcement sometime in June.
The Staff Senate honored its past presidents who are currently SIUE employees at the December 2, 2010 regular meeting.
Thanks to everyone for your interest and support for the University Staff Senate.
If you have a chance, thank a Senator for all their time and service to the University as a result of serving on the University Staff Senate.