Ombuds Evaluation Survey
Participants: Giacobbe, Leander, Puchner, Valk
1. Announcements - Puchner made the following announcements:
- The Ombuds evaluation will go out April 3
- At the recommendation of the Provost, a Task Force is currently working on development of policies aimed at making SIUE a more family friendly place to work for faculty. Some of these policies will come to the Welfare Council once they are drafted.
- Provost Hahs and Sally Ferguson from the Office of Institutional Research will be attending the April Welfare Council meeting to talk about salary equity issues. The Provost would like the Office of Institutional Research to do a salary equity study, and during their visit decisions will be made as to exactly what type of study will be done.
- Following the motion regarding retired/emeritus faculty that was passed by the Senate, the Provost's Office and the Senate will be setting up a Task Force. Anyone who is interested should contact Puchner.
- A committee will be established for the Initiative on Rewarding Service. If anyone is interested let Puchner know.
2. Discussion Items:
The Welfare Council also discussed some issues. No action was taken due to the absence of a quorum.
3. Meeting was adjourned at 3:30pm.
Minutes submitted by Laurie Puchner, March 24, 2006.