[IMAGE: Southern Illinois University Edwardsville Logo]
Apply to SIUE
Office of the Registrar
Office of the Registrar
[IMAGE: Institutional Header]

Course Registration/Enrollment

Registration in UNIV 500, Continuing Enrollment, is available to graduate students who do not need to register in a class but need access to University resources such as Library privileges or to maintain an active student status. Students may register in this course multiple times. The $37.50 course fee does not cover health insurance or fitness center privileges.

In general, graduate students do not need to complete an overload or underload form to enroll below the term minimum or maximum. However, students who hold a graduate assistantship must complete an overload/underload form with the Graduate Studies and Research Office. International students and students with financial aid should refer to the appropriate office to ensure compliance with any necessary enrollment requirements.

Registration in courses with restrictions (pre-requisites or limited to specific majors) must be approved by your advisor.

SIUE undergraduate students may request permission to register in graduate-level courses for application toward a SIUE graduate degree program by completing a Graduate Student Request Form. Students must be in their final semester of undergraduate study and have applied to a master's degree program. The approval of the instructor, Graduate Program Director, and Registrar are required prior to registration. Courses numbered 500-level and above are graduate-level courses. 400-level courses listed in Chapter 3 of the Graduate Catalog are approved for graduate credit.

Some courses may be taken for credit more than once if stipulated in Chapter 3 of the Graduate Catalog. For example: an independent study class for 1-3 credit hours of registration may be taken again up to 6 credit hours if so designated.

Enrollment verification letters

Withdrawal deadlines

If you have questions regarding whether a course can be dropped, please contact your advisor or Graduate Records.

If you are an international student or have financial aid including graduate assistantships, please contact the appropriate office.

facebookoff twitteroff vineoff linkedinoff flickeroff instagramoff googleplusoff tumblroff socialoff