[IMAGE: Institutional Header]
- A Postage Charge Slip (account number barcode) must be completed and attached to a University unit's outgoing U.S. mail. Additional charge slips can be obtained by written request (memo or
email) to the Branch Post Office, Box 1015. Mail cannot be processed without this postage charge slip (account number barcode).
- All outgoing University meter mail must have a complete SIUE return address in the upper left hand corner and have a Postage Charge Slip attached to the mailing.
- The postage machine can seal No. 10 business envelopes. The department must seal any envelopes larger than a No. 10 envelope.
- Large mailings should be faced, flaps up and trayed using USPS mailing trays.
- Flyers must be at least 0.007 inches thick, folded at the top and tabbed at the bottom. Staples are prohibited as they can cause damage to the postal machinery. Tabbing is recommended and can be provided by the SIUE Mailing Services.
- Glossy postcards cannot be metered; therefore, perforated stamps must be requisitioned from the SIUE Mailing Services using the
Departmental Stamp Requisition form (see Forms section).
- A stamped card or postcard must be of uniform thickness not more than 6 inches long, 4-1/4 inches high, or 0.016 inches thick. The minimum piece dimensions are 3-1/2 inches by 5 inches and at least 0.007 inches thick.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]