National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA)
The SIUE Student Chapter of the National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA) received official university recognition on August 24, 2007. This organization serves to promote careers and issues in independent community pharmacy. Their mission statement is as follows:
- We are dedicated to the continuing growth and prosperity of independent community pharmacy in the United States.
- We are the national pharmacy association representing the professional and proprietary interests of independent community pharmacists and will vigorously promote and defend those interests.
- We are committed to high-quality pharmacist care and to restoring, maintaining, and promoting the health and well-being of the public we serve.
- We believe in the inherent virtues of the American free enterprise system and will do all we can to ensure the ability of independent community pharmacists to compete in a free and fair marketplace.
- We value the right to petition the appropriate legislative and regulatory bodies to serve the needs of those we represent.
- We will utilize our resources to achieve these ends in an ethical and socially responsible manner.
Faculty Advisor: Miranda Wilhelm
President : Rachel Young
Vice President : Delaney Miller
Secretary : Lindsay Wrap
Treasurer : Kylie Stewart