The Graduate School is providing funds to assist with updating and furnishing research equipment and research tools.
The Graduate School has funds available for the purchase, one-time maintenance, and upgrade of equipment and tools for research purposes only. Research tools are defined as non-consumable items, such as microfilm, books, software, and data sets. Requests that can be used by more than one researcher, especially from different units, are encouraged. Typically, only one piece of equipment or one tool should be on a request. However, if a suite of complementary items is needed, the request will be considered. Funds must be expended or encumbered by June 30, 2016.
All SIUE faculty on continuing, full-time appointments are eligible to apply for this funding. This funding may also be used for start-up research equipment and tools for new hires who have accepted an employment offer.
The Research Committees will prioritize the requests within their school/college using the following criteria. (This list reflects descending priorities.)
1. Faculty holding active external grants
2. Equipment requests that involve multiple collaborative users, especially equipment to be used across units
3. Faculty whose research is hampered by lack of equipment and tools
4. Impact on the research productivity or potential of the PI
5. Impact on the research infrastructure within your unit
As a condition of the award, all successful lead applicants will be required to:
* Click HERE to view the FY2012 Research Equipment and Tools Awardees