ABS Admission Changes for Fall 2016 Applicants
Application Period: April 1, 2015 - September 1, 2015
Admission Decisions for Fall 2016 Distributed by: October 1, 2015
School of Nursing Prerequisites Completed by: May 31, 2016
How to Apply
Applications are available from the School of Nursing website, from the School of Nursing in Alumni Hall, room 2117, or by calling (618) 650‑3956.
- Admission to the University (requires submission of a University application plus a $30 fee)
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree (in any major field) from an accredited college or university before enrollment in nursing courses
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (includes all college-level course work)
- Completed ABS application packet on file in the School of Nursing
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Two letters of reference completed by persons in an educational, administrative, or collegial capacity who have worked with you closely in the past five years
Acceptance is on a rolling basis through April 1 or until the option is full. Admitted students will be required to pay a non-refundable $175 advance deposit fee which will be applied to the student’s tuition billing for fall enrollment.
Prerequisite Requirements – Accelerated Option – to be completed before enrollment in Nursing
- Anatomy and Physiology I (with lab)
- Anatomy and Physiology II(with lab)
- Inorganic, Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry (with labs)
- Microbiology or Bacteriology (with lab)
- Introduction to Psychology
- Human Growth and Development (Life Span)
- English Composition
All science courses must be completed within seven years of admission to the program. A grade of C or better must be earned in all prerequisite courses.
For the most current information on admission and prerequisite requirements, please visit the School of Nursing website or contact an academic adviser.
The deadline date for application is September 1 for fall admission.
- Overall GPA of 2.5
- Completion of 64-66 credit hours
- Successful completion of School of Nursing curriculum requirements
- Successful completion of Senior Assignment