Check out this video that describes the process of filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Click Here! 7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA
Please visit the link below for other helpful videos, application deadline information and a glossary of Financial Aid Terms!
IRS Data Retrieval Tool
The IRS Data Retrieval Tool allows students and parents to access the IRS tax return information needed to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and transfer the data directly into their FAFSA from the IRS web site.
Please view the tutorial here - IRS Data Retrieval Tool
How to Request Tax Return Transcripts.
4 Important CougarNet Money.
- Important Screens Regarding Monitoring Financial Aid Status and your Bill on CougarNet
Budget Worksheet for College Costs & Financial Aid.
- Worksheet to Compare Costs of Education (COA) between Institutions
Illinois Residency Document.
- Lists Various Document Types Used to verify Illinois Residency for Eligible MAP Grant Recipients
- Days and Hours of Operation, Contact Information, & School Code
Paying Your Bill.
- Installment Payment Due Dates and Different Payment Options
Steps for Applying for Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans.
- Instructions for First-Time Loan Borrowers for the Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans
Steps for Applying for Parent Plus Loans.
- Instructions for First-Time Loan Borrowers for the Parent Plus Loan
Steps for Applying for Graduate Plus Loan.
- Instructions for First-Time Loan Borrowers for the Graduate Plus Loan
Steps for Applying for Alternative Loan.
- Instructions for First-Time Loan Borrowers for the Alternative Loans