Minimum Eligibility Requirements for the Partnership Program
- Completion of all foundation courses (or approved equivalents) with a grade of C or better: ENG 101, 102, SPC 101/103, RA 101 and CMIS 108
- Completion of CIED 100 and CI 200 or its equivalent with a grade of C or better
- Combined GPA (all post-secondary work) of 2.5 or higher
- Complete of all academic development courses
- Good academic standing at SIUE if applicable
- Passage the ILTS Test of Academic Proficiency or composite score of 22 or higher of ACT Plus Writing no older than ten years at the time of admission
- Completion of 42 semester hours or more of college-level course work
- Completion of the self-reporting disposition survey on file with the School of Education
- Completion of PSYC 201 or its equivalent with a grade of C or better
- No more than 10 non-partnership program classes remaining at the end of the summer term prior to admission to the program
Requirements one through five must be met before students may declare their major or enroll in curriculum and instruction courses or required professional education courses. The ILTS Test of Academic Proficiency is given only at scheduled times. Students should consult the School of Education Student Services for test information. To remain in the early childhood education program, the student must maintain a 2.5 GPA and earn a grade of C or better in all field and professional education courses. A student also must receive a satisfactory recommendation from the cooperating teacher and University supervisor.
Please note that the State of Illinois is in the process of making significant changes in teacher education that may result in revised standards, programs, testing requirements and teaching certificates. It is very important that all prospective and current candidates work closely with their advisors to remain current about course and curriculum changes affecting progress through the programs.
- Complete all specific program requirements
- Complete all University requirements including:
- All general education requirements
- A minimum of 120 credit hours
- At least 30 of which must be completed at
- At least 60 of which must be completed at a
regionally accredited 4-year institution
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0
- File an Application for Graduation by the first day of the term in which you plan to graduate.
Note: Meeting minimum requirements for admission to early childhood education does not guarantee acceptance. There may be more applicants than there are openings.
Advisement Information >>