As many of you may be entering your first year of college, it is possible that you may encounter instances where alcohol or even sexual violence is present. As a way to keep all SIUE students, faculty, staff, and administrators safe, SIUE is proud to offer the AlcoholEdu and Haven programs. AlcoholEdu is a program that encourages students to consider and change their drinking behaviors, whether through abstinence or harm reduction strategies. As part of the Campus Sexual Violence Elimination (SaVE) Act, Jeanne Clery Act, and Title IX Coordination, Haven incorporates sexual violence prevention and bystander intervention to empower students to take action in potentially dangerous situations.
1. Go to https://www.siue.edu/counseling
2. At the top of the page, click on "Click here to complete AlcoholEdu"
3. Sign in with your e-id and password to begin
4. Select your Primary Group
**If you are a FRESHMAN, TRANSFER, OR GRADUATE STUDENT, please indicate that as your primary group regardless of being part of Student Athletics, ROTC, Greek Life, Campus Recreation, or an Upperclass Resident**
5. After completing AlcoholEdu, please log out and click on "Click here to complete Haven"
6. Follow Steps 3 & 4--You will then be registered for both courses
August 18th--Deadline to complete Part I of AlcoholEdu & Haven
TBD--Deadline to complete Part I of AlcoholEdu & Haven