As is the case for many college students, it is possible that you may encounter situations where alcohol or even sexual violence is present. As a way to keep all SIUE students, faculty, staff, and administrators as safe as possible, SIUE is proud to offer the AlcoholEdu and Haven programs. AlcoholEdu is a program that encourages students to consider and change their drinking behaviors, whether through abstinence or harm reduction strategies. Haven incorporates sexual violence prevention and active bystander intervention to empower students to take action in potentially dangerous situations.
As part of the Drug-Free Schools & Communities Act, SIUE is required to provide alcohol and other drug awareness education to all students. As a student at SIUE, regardless of status (e.g. freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, graduate, or professional), you are strongly encouraged to complete Part I of AlcoholEdu.
As part of the Campus Sexual Violence Elimination (SaVE) Act, the Jeanne Clery Act, the Illinois Preventing Sexual Violence in Higher Education Act, and Title IX Coordination, SIUE is required to provide sexual assault awareness and prevention education annually to all currently enrolled students. As a currently enrolled SIUE student, you are required to complete Part I of Haven by October 1, 2016 to ensure eligibility for Spring 2017 registration. Failure to complete Part I of Haven by October 1, 2016 will result in a Spring 2017 registration hold on your student account.
We typically encourage students to complete Part I of AlcoholEdu and Haven during the summer months due to the increased activity during the beginning of the fall semester.
1. Go to siue.edu/counseling
2. At the top of the page, click on "Click here to complete Haven & AlcoholEdu"
3. Sign in with your e-id and password to begin
4. Select your Primary Group [freshman, transfer, graduate, or professional student] for AlcoholEdu & Haven; select "agree to terms of service" & select "Finished."
5. Select "Get Started" on Haven
6. After completing Part I of Haven, select "Get Started" on AlcoholEdu.
7. After 45 days, you will receive a link with instructions for completing Part II of Haven.
October 1, 2016--Deadline to complete Part I of Haven & Alcohol Edu to ensure eligibility for Spring 2017 registration