What is CAB?
The Campus Activities Board is a student run organization that is both an advisory board and a programming board. It is a merger of the former Student Life Advisory Board and the University Center Board Program Council. Its main goal is to improve campus life through providing social, recreational, educational and cultural programs at SIUE. A student involved with CAB has an opportunity to:
- Develop leadership skills
- Work with agents and meet entertainers
- Make decisions about student fees
- Make friends with other student leaders
- Develop skills for a resume
- Be a positive and active force on campus
- Have fun!!!
The Leadership Council members must be currently enrolled, full-time, undergraduate or graduate students with at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
The Leadership Council of CAB consists of the following Executive Board members:
- President - Presides over meetings and functions as the voice of the CAB
- Vice President of Administration - Facilitates the budgeting process and maintains the CAB office
- Vice President of Membership - Coordinates the membership recruitment campaign, manages membership development and maintains membership records.
- Advertising Director -Promotes programs through the design of fliers, posters, Alestle ads, etc.
- Public Relations/Promotions Director - Maintains CABs internet presence through social media, writes press releases, promotes the organization as a whole
The Council also consists of the following twelve Programming Committees
- Current Affairs - Coordinates Quiz Bowl, Lecture programs, educational trips and other current events programs
- Entertainment Chair - Coordinates Just for Laughs series, Friday Free Flick Series and St. Louis trips (theatre shows)
- Novelty Entertainment Chair - Coordinates Cougar Craze series, Karaoke, and the Friday Free Flicks Series
- Family Programs - Coordinates family trips, the Cougar Kid Saturdays program, and Family Weekend
- Multicultural Programs - Coordinates International Week/Night, Taste of Culture, International Film series
- Recreation - Coordinates recreational trips including, but not limited to sporting events, ski trips, and Six Flags trips.
- Special Events - Coordinates events such as Late Night Programs, Block Party, Rocky Horror Picture Show, and Casino Night.
- Black Heritage Month Chair - Coordinates all Black Heritage Month Activities including the Gospel Explosion and the Talent Show.
- Springfest Chair - Coordinates Springfest activities including the Giant Banana Split, and the Student Organization Spirit Contest
- Homecoming Chair- Coordinates Homecoming activities including homecoming court, and the Student Organization Spirit Contest
- Cougar Welcome Chair-Coordinates Cougar Welcome Week activities including Playfair and Block Party
If you are interested in becoming general member of CAB, please complete this application form and return it to the Kimmel Student Involvement Center, Box 1168, in the Morris University Center. For more information, call 650-3386 or email CAB at email@example.com.