SIUE Master of Music Degree with an emphasis in Suzuki Pedagogy
A brief outline of the Master’s in Music Degree with an emphasis in Suzuki Pedagogy:
- Teaching assignments and academic schedule
- Each Graduate Assistant teaches 14 private students weekly, plus two hours of Saturday group teaching each week.
The weekly schedule also includes:
- A weekly master class
- Three hours per week of Suzuki Pedagogy
- SIUE Orchestra
- Required and elective courses
- The degree awarded may be a Master of Music in Performance or a Master of Music in Education with an emphasis in Suzuki Pedagogy
- Registration of Suzuki Books 1-10 is arranged with the Suzuki Association of the Americas for either degree you choose
- Graduate students are paid for any lessons that are taught beyond their requirement of 14 per week
- Graduate students are actively involved in playing gigs in the area to earn extra money. Many weddings and receptions are booked through Suzuki Program office
- Graduate Assistants are granted a waiver of tuition
Questions about admission to SIUE Graduate School should be directed to Dr. Marc Schapman.
Vera McCoy-Sulentic, Director, SIUE Suzuki
(618) 650‑2839 Fax: (618) 650‑5988
Audrey Tallant, Chair of the Music Dept.
Graduate Advisor in Music
SIUE Suzuki Program
Campus Box 1771, SIUE
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1771