|[IMAGE: Tehran]||[IMAGE: Singapore]||[IMAGE: Jeddah]||[IMAGE: HongKong]|
|Tehran, Iran||Singapore City, Singapore||Jeddah, Saudi Arabia||Hong Kong, China|
• Asia is home to half the world's population.
• Studying the culturally and historically diverse areas of Asia provides opportunities for students to discover new global perspectives.
• Economic transformations in Asia have reshaped our global economic and political environment.
• Knowledge of Asia combined with other disciplines enhances employment prospects and possibilities of working internationally.
Students who complete an Asian Studies Minor often work in the following types of fields:
• Foreign Service of the U.S. Department of State.
• Criminal Justice
• International companies and organizations
• Journalism/Mass Comm. with international focus.
• English language teaching abroad
• Information Systems/ Libraries
• Non-profit organizations