Enjoy the following facilities during the summer:
- The Student Fitness Center is open daily during semester breaks and summer terms. View a complete list of hours.
- Outdoor recreation/camping equipment is available for our students through Equipment Issue over the summer months
- Campus Recreation has something for everyone — Cougar Lake, disk golf, group fitness classes, sand volleyball, and more. For hours and information, visit Campus Recreation.
- SIUE Dining Services has a multitude of options to choose from. Visit Dining Services for more information.
- Every summer, SIUE’s Theater and Dance Department presents Summer Showbiz, a series of plays and musicals suitable and entertaining for all ages. Come enjoy a show!
- SIUE has miles and miles of trails running around and through it as part of the Madison County Transit Trail System. Eligible students, faculty and staff are encouraged to check out a bike for the day through the Bike Share Program.
- Students have access to the outdoor pool located on campus next to Cougar Lake. Contact the City of Edwardsville Parks and Recreation Department for more information at 618-692-7538.
In addition to on-campus events, off-campus events abound:
- Edwardsville area entertainment
- The St. Louis MUNY is the nation’s oldest and largest outdoor musical theatre with a very impressive season.
- St. Louis Cardinals Baseball