1. Contact the Program Faculty Leader: SIUE Students interested in applying for participation in an SIUE short term travel study program, should contact the faculty leader for detailed course info, application deadlines, program costs, and all other details.
2. Apply for Participation: Students should submit a completed "SIUE Travel Study Application Form" to the faculty leader to apply for participation in a program. This is a pdf fillable form in which you can type in your information, then print and sign the form on the signature line. Additional Travel study application requirements vary. The faculty leader will inform you of any additional requirements such as an essay or interview. Travel study programs have maximum enrollments, and students must be selected and accepted to participate in an international travel study program. A monetary deposit is typically due at the time of application or shortly after.
3. Medical Self-Assessment and Release Form: Upon notification of acceptance to participate in the program, students must complete and submit to the faculty leader the medical form. Click HERE for the form.
4. Obtain the "ISIC" Card: All students enrolled in SIUE travel study programs are required to obtain the ISIC (International Student Identity Card) prior to departure. Students are advised to obtain the card well in advanced (at least 1 - 2 months prior to departure). The ISIC card can be purchased online at www.myisic.com or through the SIUE Office of Study Abroad. The cost of the card is $25. Your program faculty leader will need a copy of your ISIC card before you depart.
For additional information on the insurance and travel discounts provided to ISIC cardholders go to www.myisic.com. For instructions on how to apply for the ISIC card through the SIUE Office of Study Abroad click HERE.
5. SIUE Travel Study Participant Agreement and Legal Release Form: This form must be completed and turned in to your faculty leader
AT LEAST ONE MONTH PRIOR TO DEPARTURE. Click
HERE for the form.
6. Check the "
Before you Leave" section of the SIUE study abroad Web site for useful links to help you prepare for travel and study abroad.