Projects and Research
- Elementary Education Research Group - Studies on conceptual knowledge of pre service teachers.
Astronomy Cast - Weekly pod cast on astronomy topics.
- Teachers in Training - Pre service teachers learn lesson design and methods to teach science content for K-8. Project sponsored by The Boeing Company.
CosmoQuest - Astronomy research using citizen scientists.
- Maximizing Mentor Effectiveness - Training teacher mentors in effective ways to inspire students as they participate in Botball robotic competitions. Funded by an NSF ITEST grant.
- William Graebe Sr. STEM Classroom at the East St. Louis Charter School - A high technology classroom designed to teach students 21st Century job skills. Researchers are studying the effects of the learning environment on instructional practices and student outcomes. Funded through a private donation and Herman Miller Inc.
- Teen Science Cafe - Teen directed monthly conversations about hot topics in science. Conversations held in an informal setting.
- Science Fair Enhancement - Looking at the effects of judge training on event quality and student experience. Funded by Monsanto Fund.
- Taking Bot Ball by Storm - Introductory robotics sessions to prepare students to participate in the Bot Ball program. Funded by the Meridian Society.
- Engineering Design for Rural Schools (MASLI 3) - Teacher professional development in engineering design principles for rural districts in southern Illinois.