Our professional staff will help you select and pursue a major that best suits your interests and skills. Our advisors strive to empower you to do your best academically.
1. To be informed about your class options prior to each semester. Your advisor will also give you detailed curricular information.
2. To receive thorough explanations about any concerns you may have as a new student at SIUE.
3. To be contacted by your advisor to discuss early progress and mid-term reports that your instructors submit to our office.
4. To receive guidance in personal matters that may affect your academic performance.
5. To receive support in your developmental growth as a scholar and future professional.
To schedule an appointment, you must use the Starfish Program.
It is very important to:
1. BE ON TIME FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT. If you are late, your advisor may not be able to meet with you due to other appointments scheduled after you.
2. TURN OFF YOUR CELL PHONE. It is distracting to you and your advisor.
Prior to meeting with your Advisor, you will need to prepare yourself with the following materials:
1. Print the curriculum guide for your major: http://www.siue.edu/advising/checklists.shtml
2. Come to the appointment with a list of classes that you wish to take.