Rave Guardian App
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE) now offers the Rave Guardian app for its students, faculty and staff. Rave Guardian is one of the best ways to not only improve personal safety, but also protect your colleagues and friends by building a private safety network. This app provides instant communication with friends, family, campus safety and even 9-1-1.
SIUE encourages all students, faculty and staff throughout campus to utilize the app to network with friends and colleagues, and help increase overall safety and security of the entire campus community. An important part of the Guardian app is that students, faculty and staff can use it not only to keep themselves safe, but to help protect others. Even those individuals who may not feel as if they need help staying safe can utilize the app to be a guardian and help protect others.
Family members and friends of SIUE students, faculty and staff can also utilize the app and act as guardians. While they will need to sign up as a member outside of the University, they can be invited into personal safety networks and be included on timer sessions.
Download Rave Guardian and Become a Guardian on Your Campus
- Download Rave Guardian for Free
The app is available for free on the Apple or Google app stores.
- Use Rave Guardian to Protect Yourself and Others
Set a Safety Time
- Once activated, “guardians” in their virtual safety network can monitor the user’s status updates and locations.
- Notify people you trust to check-in on you if are alone or in an unfamiliar place.
- Guardians are automatically notified at assigned check-in times.
- If the timer expires or the user initiates a panic call, Rave Guardian automatically notifies trusted safety
Manage and Message Your Guardians
- Invite family, friends or others to be your Guardian, and communicate with them within the app as needed.
Easy Emergency Communication
- Call safety officials directly for help if you are in trouble and send text tips – including photos – if you see something suspicious.
- Through their mobile device, a user can send an alert to campus safety with one-click, automatically providing student information and GPS location.
Safety Profiles for Faster Emergency Response
- Student-created safety profiles contain details such as residence and medical condition information that are automatically presented to campus safety officials during an emergency call for faster, more precise response.
- Student safety profiles are available during emergencies, on and off campus, to campus safety, and Smart911-enabled 9-1-1 centers nationwide.
- Profiles can also be augmented through Rave’s data integration tools with data sources such as student information and ID systems.
Rave Guardian is a proven personal safety solution used on campuses across the country. Used by leading institutes of higher education, Rave Guardian enables millions to feel safe, secure and connected. For more information, visit ravemobilesafety.com.