Transfer credit for graduate students at SIUE is a two-part process.
- You must complete the Graduate Student Request Form indicating what credit (SIUE unclassified or credit earned elsewhere) is being requested for transfer and submit it to your advisor for review.
- An official transcript from the previous school(s) Registrar’s Office must be mailed directly to the SIUE Registrar’s Office for evaluation.
- The credit must have been completed with grades of B or better on an A-F grading scale from an accredited institution as a graduate student for graduate-level credit and applicable to your SIUE program.
- Credit that was used to satisfy another degree will not be considered for transfer.
- Credit must have been earned within the specified time period for degree completion and a limited amount of credit may be transferred.
- The Graduate Program Director and Registrar must approve the request. A copy of the completed request form will be mailed to you and department. External credit approved for transfer is posted to the student’s transcript.
You may follow the same process to request pre-approval to earn credit elsewhere and transfer it to SIUE.
Credit earned in undergraduate courses for foreign language or pre-requisite requirements must be submitted for evaluation; however, the credit is not transferred to the graduate transcript.
Credit earned in a post-baccalaureate certificate program may be used toward fulfillment of a master’s degree. The credit does not need to be transferred; however, the credit must have been earned within the specified time period for degree completion.
Please refer to the transfer credit policy detailed in Chapter 1 of the Graduate Catalog.