If total purchase is less than $3,500.00:
I. Purchase the product(s) using the P-Card if at all possible. This is the most economical way to make a small purchase.
II..If the P-card cannot be used due to exceptions list, vendor's inability to accept card, or P-card purchasing limit:
- All computer equipment purchases, regardless of the dollar amount, must be processed through the Purchasing Department on a purchase requisition.
- If a Vendor is coming on Campus to perform a service (i.e. repairs, installation, training, etc.), a purchase requisition must be submitted regardless of the dollar amount. This allows Purchasing to assure that a completed Insurance Certificate is on file for that Vendor.
- All radioactive material purchases, regardless of the dollar amount, must be processed through the Purchasing Department on a purchase requisition.
- If a signed contract or agreement is involved, a requisition is required only if the transaction is over $5,000.00. If the transaction is less than $5,000.00 you may send a completed AP Invoice Distribution Form (or Invoice Voucher for Grant and Foundation Accounts) with the Vendor's invoice and the contract or agreement attached to Purchasing. See Authority to Sign Contract.
- NOTE: Please review Categories List here for specific notes and information that apply to some purchases.
- Purchase item(s) or secure service, such as honoraria, etc.
- Prepare and submit an AP Invoice Distribution Form with necessary backup material:
- Invoice from Vendor or
- Vendor's signature on APID form.
- If paying an individual, see instructions.
- Submit form to Accounts Payable for Payment.