All vendors doing business with Southern Illinois University must have a current Certificate of Insurance on file. The current status of a vendor's insurance certificate may be determined by viewing the Vendor Insurance Expiration spreadsheet
. To query for a specific vendor select Edit, then Find (or Control "F") and enter part of the vendor's name.
- Minimum insurance limits are listed at the beginning of the Vendor Insurance Expiration spreadsheet.
- If the vendor is coming on campus to perform a service they must have General Liability, Automobile Liability, and Workers Compensation.
- The Board of Trustees of Southern Illinois University must be listed as Additional Insured on General Liability and Automobile Liability.
- If the vendor's insurance is not current, please have them fax an updated Certificate of Insurance as soon as possible to (618) 650-3251.
- No payments will be made on a Purchase Order or Direct Voucher until Purchasing has a current Certificate of Insurance on file.
- If the P-Card is used and the vendor does not have a current Certificate of Insurance, this may result in the revocation of your P-Card.
- The P-Card may not be used for a vendor who is a Sole Proprietor.
If the vendor has any questions regarding the insurance requirements, they may contact
Jennifer Cox at (618) 650-2859 or firstname.lastname@example.org.