Suppliers occasionally offer SIU used or demo equipment at a discounted rate.
- Requestor must initiate a Letter of Justification for the purchase of used or demo equipment listing why the purchase of used equipment would be preferable and how the purchase would be in the best interest of the University.
- Requestor submits Letter of Justification along with a Purchase Requisition to the Purchasing Department.
- Director of Purchasing must approve all requests to purchase used equipment.
- Buyer has the option to seek competitive bids if he/she feels the University would benefit by utilizing the bid process.
- Buyer will convert Purchase Requisition into a Purchase Order.