Outline of Promotion/Tenure Recommendation Documents for Submission to the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
PART I: RECOMMENDATION OF THE DEAN, CHAIR, AND FACULTY
PART II: CANDIDATE'S PRESENTATION OF EVIDENCE IN SUPPORT OF PROMOTION
- Cover page (with signatures)
- Assessment and Evaluation by the Dean
- Assessment and Evaluation by the College/School Committee
- Assessment and Evaluation by the Department Chair (if the unit has a chair)
- Assessment and Evaluation by the Department/Area Faculty
PART III: APPENDICES: SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION
- Teaching: A one to three page discussion of the candidate's achievements in teaching, with reference to documentation in Part III.
- Scholarship: A one to three page discussion of the candidate's achievements as a scholar, with reference to documentation in Part III.
- Service: A one to three page discussion of the candidate's accomplishments in professional service to the University and the community, with reference to documentation in Part III.
Note: For teaching, scholarship, and service, a one to three page discussion is only a guideline. More than three pages may be appropriate in individual circumstances.
PART IV: RAW DATA
- Current curriculum vitae
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness. This may include:
- Reports of peer and chair evaluations
- Summarized student evaluations with evidence of growth over time
- Evidence of curriculum development
- Teaching awards
- Course Portfolio/Teaching Portfolio
- Evidence of scholarly and creative activity. This may include:
- External reviews of publications or other scholarly work
- Letters of evaluation by external scholars
- Internal peer reviews
- Information of funded grants
- Citation of candidate's works by other scholars
- Reviews of recitals, exhibitions, or performances
- Evidence of University and Community service. This may include:
- Information about public service grants
- External assessment of public service activity
- Internal assessment of University service activity
- Documentation of public service accomplishments
- Copies of Annual, Retention, and Other Reviews by Chairs
- Midpoint Evaluation (For Tenure Only)
- Other Documents
Note: Evidence provided for teaching, scholarly and creative activity, and university and community service should be summarized and organized. Raw data and unorganized materials such as original student course evaluations are not sufficient.
- Copies or portfolio of publications or other scholarly work
- Student evaluations of teaching
- Other Documents
Note: This information is to remain in the dean's office available for review.