|This personnel policy for faculty employees of Southern Illinois University Edwardsville provides for annual (non-accruable) sick leave benefits as well as for extended sick leave benefits (accruable) to be implemented in accordance with administrative guidelines authorized by the President and approved by the Chancellor as follows:
1. Faculty employees will be eligible for sick leave benefits in accordance with the following:
2. Effective July 1, 1984, sick leave for eligible faculty employees will be used in the following order:
3. Effective January 1, 1998, sick leave for eligible faculty employees will be used in the following order:
4. As of July 1, 1984, sick leave credited to faculty employees will be converted from calendar days (as formerly recorded) to work day.
5. Holidays recognized by the University will not be included as sick leave.
6. Sick leave is not accrued during periods of leave without pay or other non-pay status.
7. There shall be no limit in the amount of accruable sick leave which may be accumulated.
8. Upon return to duty following sick leave utilization in excess of seven consecutive work days, a physician's certification from the first day of illness shall be sent to the office of University Personnel Services.
9. Sick leave will be transferable within the Southern Illinois University System.
10. All records of annual and extended sick leave benefits shall be maintained in the office of the fiscal officer with annual reports calculated as of June 30 each year forwarded through appropriate channels to the office of University Personnel Services.
11. Guidelines for implementation of sick leave policy will be issued by University Personnel Services.
In accordance with Public Act 83-976, faculty employees of Southern Illinois University Edwardsville shall be eligible upon termination of employment for any reason (resignation, retirement, etc.) for payment of one-half of unused, unpaid sick leave earned and accrued after January 1, 1984 through December 31, 1997. In the event of death, such payment will be payable to the estate of a deceased employee.