THE STUDENT SENATE
Representing students and consisting of the President and the Vice President of the student body, the Student Trustee, Finance, Personnel, Public Relations and Special Events Chair, and twelve at-large Senators, elected in the Spring term, the Student Senate is established to:
- Represent the student body of Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville within and outside of the University.
- Further the interests of the student body.
- Recommend on the allocation and use of student fee monies to SIUE student groups and organizations in the best interests of the student body.
- Encourage students to develop leadership qualities.
- Encourage students to exemplify qualities of responsible citizenship.
- Function cooperatively with other constituent bodies to achieve the mission and purposes of the University.