Non-Employee Driver Approval Process - 6D7
On special occasions, the University will allow non-employees to drive University, rental, or leased vehicles for University business. In order to operate University, rental, or leased vehicles on University business, the following conditions must be met:
- The driver must be recommended for approval by the department/unit head.
- The driver must be at least 21 years of age.
- A student may be approved to operate vehicles as a non-employee provided he/she is at least 21 years of age and affiliated with the department/unit requesting driver approval.
- The non-employee shall adhere to the Standard Driver Approval Process as stipulated in Document Reference #
- To operate a 14 passenger bus, the non-employees are required to attend the University's 14 Passenger Bus Training Program prior to operating said vehicles.
Approved by Vice Chancellor for Administration effective 2/7/06
This policy was issued on February 8, 2006, replacing the September 28, 2001 version
Document Reference: 6D7
Origin: VCA 8/28/01; VCA 2/7/06