Tuition and Fee Deferments and refunds
Tuition and Fee Refund Policy Procedures - 4D2
These procedures implement University policy on refund of tuition and general student fees as approved by the Board of Trustees (4 Policies of the Board C-4). Action on any request for refund shall be taken in compliance with Board of Trustees policy and these procedures.
- The following apply to requests for refund of tuition and general student fees in cases where withdrawal from courses occurs within the time periods specified in the University's refund policy.
- Requests for refunds are initiated in the Service Center as part of the withdrawal procedure.
- Refund of tuition and general student fees is made upon request, and without consideration of the student's reasons for withdrawal from courses.
- The following apply to requests for refund of tuition and general student fees in cases where withdrawal from courses occurs after the time periods specified in the University's refund policy. Refunds of tuition and general student fees approved in such cases are made at the University's discretion.
- The Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs is designated as the Chancellor's representative for considering requests for refund of tuition and general student fees.
- Requests for refunds are initiated in the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs. The Vice Chancellor's office will provide the student requesting a refund with the necessary forms and instructions.
- A student requesting a refund must withdraw from courses before the request for a refund will be acted upon.
- Reasons for which refunds may be granted include entry into military service for a period of six months or longer; and, extreme medical emergency or health condition that affects the student himself/herself, or the student's spouse or children and which is of such a nature as to prevent the student from continuing his/her education.
- The requesting student will be required to substantiate to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs' satisfaction the nature, extent, and seriousness of the conditions or circumstances that are the basis for the refund request.
- The Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs will consider the request based on the information and documentation obtained and will advise the student as soon as practical of the decision about the request.
Approved by President effective 2/25/86
This policy was issued on October 22, 1999, replacing the February 1, 1996 version.
Document Reference: 4D2
Origin: OC 2/25/86; OC 11/14/90